COLIN LYONS PHOTOGRAPHY, WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY
Ever since I can remember photos have played a huge part in my life. Reflecting on memories of the laughs you shared with your family & friends is what life's all about. That's what life is worth living for! Of course you would want the biggest day of your life to be captured on camera. There's so much stress that goes into the wedding day from picking out the location, custom wedding invitations, wedding programs, & all the other hoopla. The best part is looking at all the photos of the day that flew by so fast. That's why picking a photographer is such a big deal. There's so many great wedding Photographers, but Colin Lyons Photography really captures the great shots of your happy day. Here are a few samples of his work along with some insight about wedding photography from Colin Lyons himself.
++ What inspired you to become a wedding photographer?
- I became a wedding photographer after photographing so many things. Weddings are by far the most exciting and artistic thing I have ever photographed. I love to shoot them!
++ How long have you been working in this business?
- I have been shooting weddings since 2006.
++ Can you tell me about one of your favorite weddings that you were apart of?
- I adored the first wedding I shot at the Modern Wing of The Art Institute. I went to school there so it was excited to shoot on my home turf.
++ What are some of the most unusual requests that you’ve had from brides?
- I once had a groom ask me to get the most embarrassing photos of his friends possible while they were dancing. I though that was pretty funny!
++ What sets you a part from other wedding photographers?
- I have always strived to provide the duality of great service and presence at the wedding while also providing images that exceed what people think of as a photograph. Many photographers can do one or the other, but it is a careful trick to be able to do both.
++ Do you find yourself being critical of other weddings photos that aren’t yours?
-I really like some other photographer's work, but it really comes down to a matter of taste.
++ What is the most full filling part about the whole wedding photographer process?
I love to attend the weddings. Pulling the bride out into public and watching everyone cheer and honk for her is always a grand moment.
++ Who are some of your favorite vendors and venues that you work with?
-I love to work at the Art Institute where I went to school.
++ Thank you Colin Lyons Photography ++