Larkspur All things Floral, Florist
So you've got the venue, you've got the guest list, you've got the wedding invitations...now it's time for the flowers! In my opinion the prettiest part of your wedding day! There's just so many options to choose and different ways to go. I just enjoy looking at the flower themes at weddings. You could go roses, lilies, hydrangeas, pretty much any flower imagined. Especially, when working with Larkspur! They are a Chicago based company that helps to bring the couple's personal style and inspirations to life. They specialize in wedding designs for bouquets, centerpieces, and overall flower arrangements. They pay attention to the detail to make every corner of the big day gorgeous. Take a look at a wedding florist's insight from the owner of Larkspur herself, Beth Barnett:
++ What inspired you to become a florist?
- I've always been inspired by the beauty found in nature . After graduating college with a degree in film and photography, I got a job at a flower shop here in Chicago. I began freelancing on weddings with the larger design studios and felt I could create a niche by opening a studio and specializing in the smaller, more personalized weddings. Working with beautiful objects with my hands still inspires me to this day.
++ How long have you been working in this business?
- I've been doing this for over 23 years!
++ Can you tell me about one of your favorite weddings that you were apart of?
- There's too many to list, we have so many wonderful clients! Weddings that let us have some creative freedom are our favorites.
++ What are some of the most unusual requests that you’ve had from brides?
- Nothing surprises me anymore :-)
++ What sets you a part from other wedding florist?
- I would say we are very fond of texture and unique yet natural shapes. We have very high standards for quality and freshness and have a very strict eye for the details. The main difference is that we grow a portion of our own flowers on our farm in southwest Michigan which has been a favorite part of our business. Being on the growing end of the business is very unique for a flower shop in Chicago and we are trying to be more sustainable, buying from local farmers when the season allows for it.
++ Do you find yourself being critical of weddings that you attend that you didn’t do the flowers for?
- I wouldn't say critical but definitely interested. I love to see what other people do and probably pay a lot more attention to the décor than the other guests as I naturally go into floral designer mode.
++ What is the most full filling part about the wedding florist process?
- Getting to be a part of such an important event in someone's life. We are trusted with something very special and meaningful to them and we are very honored to be a part of it. Bringing our client's vision to life with flowers can be quite magical.
++ Who are some of your favorite vendors and venues that you work with?
- Too many to count! There are a lot of fabulous vendors in Chicago and far as venues, I love working at Salvage One, Greenhouse Loft and Garfield Park Conservatory, and venues with a lot of history such as the Women's Club of Evanston, the Cheney Man- sion in Oak Park and Hotel Allegro. And of course our smaller local spots on Damen such as The Bristol and Red Door.
++ Thanks so much to Larkspur Flowers ++