When you hear metallic what do you think of? Dazzle your guests by adding a little shimmer to your wedding. Metallic wedding colors are hot for 2013! If you are not one for color, metallics can bring a stylish yet trendy feel to your wedding theme.
Blues, Golds, Purples, Browns and Silvers are a few colors that really shine as a metallic.
Here are some interesting metallic ideas that you can use...
- Fabric Confetti – Instead of your traditional rice or rose petals, metallic fabric confetti will add some sparkle to your send off. We are green here at JHD, so remember to clean up and recycle!
- Metallic papers for your invitations – Instead of a matte envelope, choose a metallic
- Florals – If you use branches as a centerpiece, spray the branches in a metallic color. A unique idea is to incorporate a brooch or button bouquet
- Shoes – metallic shoes are hot! Wearing them out or wearing them during your wedding will surely turn the eyes of your guests
- Table Runners – Add some glitter to the table
- Desserts – Fondant is widely use as it's easy to mold. It can be sprayed in any color, so pop some metallic here!
- Bridesmaid Dresses – Make sure you don't get tacky here! Silver and gold metallic dresses have to be chosen wisely
- Dinner Plate Chargers – Bring a dazzle to your table by adding a simple dinner plate charger.
- Chairs – Some venues off a vintage gold or silver chair. If they don't incorporate a metallic color chair tie.
- Fabrics – Use metallic chair covers, table cloths or if you want to add a big pop, drap metallic fabric from the ceiling to the floor.
Fri, September 7, 2012
by Julie Hanan