Naturally Yours Events, Wedding & Event Planner
Every girl dreams of their wedding day. I think that’s just the way every girl is programmed. Naturally yours Events is a Chicago based wedding and event planning company that specializes in eco-chic wedding designs. They make sure that all of those details you’ve dreamt about come to life since the wedding planning process can be stressful! Naturally Yours Events strives to relieve that stress by keeping focus on your big day. For finding the right venue, unique wedding invitations, wedding programs, or wedding place cards know you'll be in good hands. Here is some great insight into a wedding planning company from the owner herself, Carlene Smith:
Photography by Julia Franzosa Photography
++ What inspired you to become a wedding planner:
- I have always been obsessed with details — whether planning birthday parties at 10 years old, organizing huge trips to midnight showings of super geeky movies, or helping family and friends plan their most important life moments— and I was quickly known as "the planner" among those around me. It wasn't until after earning a degree in advertising, working for a prestigious wedding photographer, and moving to Chicago that I had that "ah ha" moment: I love to plan events and I rock at it! Pairing my personal and professional commitment to the environment with a passion for details, Naturally Yours Events came into fruition. Now my team and I work with some truly amazing vendors to create unique and stress-free events that are absolutely fun!
Photography by Maypole Studios
++How long have you been working in this business:
- I started working in the wedding industry when I lived in Michigan many years ago and loved it. I decided to start Naturally Yours Events in 2011 here in Chicago where I have made my home!
++Can you tell me about one of your favorite weddings that you were apart of:
- I love when it is time to tell the bride to start that walk down the aisle to meet their future husband/wife. I cry every time!
Photography by Maypole Studios
++What are some of the most unusual requests that you’ve had from bride:
- I had a day-of client who purchased a ton of linens, mason jars for glasses, and other items for their wedding thinking it was just as expensive as renting. The shocking part was at the end of the wedding night she asked me to throw it all away! Being the eco-friendly planner that I am, I now have a ton of linens, masons jars, and other items piled in a corner of my house.
++What sets you a part from other wedding planners:
- We are anything but cookie-cutter planners and we like to think outside the box to create unique and memorable events. We specialize in planning eco-friendly events and can help couples create their special day with less waste and a smaller carbon footprint. This is more than choosing like-minded vendors but also about the way you think about planning. It can be anything from choosing reusable soy-based candles to planning escort cards that double as favors to using vintage pieces for decor. We know all the greener tips!
Photography by Melissa Hayes
++Do you find yourself being critical of other weddings that you attend that you didn’t plan:
- Not at all! Each wedding is different and unique and I just enjoy being a guest.
++What is the most full filling part about the wedding planning process:
- Really it is so fulfilling to see all the details come together as planned. I also really love to see when my clients get excited about an idea we came up with or vendors we have booked together- that is super fun!
Photography by Shane Welch Photography
++Who are some of your favorite vendors and venues that you work with:
- Wow, that is so hard for me to list them all. I have enjoyed working with so many amazing vendors in the industry and there are so many more I can’t wait to work with. Of course—I love Julie Hanan Design’s work quite a lot ;)
++Thanks so much to Naturally Yours Events!++